This sums up my current life philosophy...
"Man's main task in life is to give birth to himself."– Erich Fromm
What a great quote eh?
Life is going very well. Nothing really new to report other than the fact that I've quit my kindergarden hours! I'm pretty excited about this! It'll mean that I'll have quite a bit more time on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings to study Mandarin and go to the gym. I finally have enough hours with private students to send home the same amount of money!
This week was pretty tiring but I feel good about having accomplished a lot. I actually worked six days this week! Yesterday, that's Saturday for me, I taught a two hour violin lesson and subbed for five hours in a bushiban. Although I was tired from my full week of work (and I'm still at the kindergarden until next week!), I found that the day went by quickly. Interesting thing happened too....in the most advanced class yesterday we spent about 20 minutes brainstorming on the topic of earthquakes. As we were finishing up, an actual earthquake hit!!!! Can you believe it????? The ground started moving back and forth! One of the students yelled, "earthquake!" and we all ran outside. Thankfully we were on the first floor and if anything the entire situation was exciting. This was not the case with my roommates who had the day off! They had just arrived home (remember that we live on the 12th floor) and as the floors started to shake they saw falling debris outside!!!! They ran down the stairs just as the tremors passed. Definitely a little too exciting in their case.
Lots of love and warmth,
Rach


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home