Saturday, July 08, 2006

The past month or so...

After updating the blog last month with pictures and stories from my big trip with Tomek, the Dragonboat Festival, and my concert with Cindy, I took another little hiatus from posting. But here I am again...ready to let everyone know how this month has been. PLUS my plans for the rest of the summer...

Following the concert I laid low for a little while, it'd had been a crazy month! A couple of weekends later I went to a hilarious murder mystery dinner. We were all assigned characters and had to act during the event while dropping clues to our fellow players. The theme was the 'annual meeting of the killers’ international association'. A crime was committed...but...whodunit?

Unfortunately, I did not guess the correct suspect but still enjoyed the delicious food and view of the ocean from our patio table. Everyone really got into their characters and made the night a big success! I was assigned "Precog" a.k.a. "Gypsy Girl" who killed people by implanting suicidal thoughts into their heads during tarot readings! Check out the pics.

The next day I went to the countryside with a couple of Taiwanese friends, Tom and Jachi. They were incredible hosts, taking me white water rafting, out for hot pot, and a soak in some natural hot springs at Beitou. It was really nice to get out of the city and actually hear some birds!

Other than that I've been studying Mandarin with newly found tenacity, working six days per week (although that will not be the case for the rest of the summer, I'm back to five for now), and going to the gym.

But the big new is.......I'M GOING TO SINGAPORE AND BALI, INDONESIA!!!! April and our friend Kathy were planning a trip and I thought it madness NOT to join in. So from August 3-13, we're going traveling! It's difficult to think ahead right now but we'll be getting very exciting pretty soon, it's only 25 days away!

Must go to the gym with April,
Here are two great quotes to sign off with:

It's never too late to be who you might have been."– George Eliot

We are, each of us, angels with only one wing, and we can only fly embracing each other."– Luciano Decrescenzo

Love Rach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home