Chilly South Korea
I've arrived in Busan, South Korea! Traveling yesterday was not as bad as expected....although it is Chinese New Year (based on the lunar calendar), which is likened to Christmas in terms of hectic traveling. Sarah met me at the Gimhae domestic airport and we headed for her place in the Yeonsan Il Dong. It was great to see her again, after 18 months! Totally surreal to see her in Asia.
Last night we went out for Gamgatang with some of Sarah's co-workers. You really do get used to eating food communally, even soup! I tried my first shot of Soju, which actually wasn't that bad (they sell them here for a buck at any convenience store). Sar's right though ~ it does get worse with each shot.
Just wanted to let everyone know that I arrived safely! Today we're heading to a temple on the outskirts of the city. I've already aclimatized to Asia and feel really cold in South Korea (and it's about 7 or 8 degrees). When I left Taiwan yesterday it was 22 degrees.
I'll write soon with more updates and photos!
love Rach


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home