Friday, November 25, 2005

I'M GOING TO HONG KONG!!!

So, here's the news....
I went to the Visa office today to register for my resident's Visa and was rejected!!! Turns out that you must have a Visitor's Visa issued in Canada to qualify, and, unfortunately, all I hold is a tourist Visa. The very nice lady informed me that I must leave the country and apply for a Visitor's Visa abroad!!!!
That meant one of two options: I either go to Singapore or Hong Kong in order to apply for an emergency Visa to Taiwan. I didn't have a choice, I HAD to leave the country.
Understandably I was a little miffed, but at the same time I really didn't feel too stressed out. I mean, it's just an excuse for another trip right? I called my school and they took care of everything. Sharon, the administrative assistant, found the cheapest flight to Hong Kong through a parent from our school who is a travel agent and Vivian, the director, gave me an advance on my pay in order to purchase the return ticket. They really came through for me!!!
My family was awesome too. Dad and Mom are taking care of the bank stuff (in order to qualify, I have to demonstrate that I have a 'significant' amount of cash in my account) and Chris (my brother) called his girlfriend (Elise) in Tokyo to see if I could stay with her relatives in Hong Kong. Turns out that Elise is arriving to Hong Kong the very same night!!!!! Just 1 hour and 15 minutes after my flight!!!! What are the odds?
We're both going to stay at her uncle's place and sightsee together. I can't believe my luck and am now really excited about the mini-trip.
I'll be sure to post pictures once I return from HK.
Wish me luck at the consulate!!!
Lots of love,
Rach

2 Comments:

Blogger Showdown said...

Will you be going to Korea, too? I'd like to know what you think about SK...

10:36 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Splasher,
I'm heading to SK for Chinese New Year. I'll let you know in February...
~R

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home