Update from Kaohsiung
So, I finally posted some pictures of Thailand, just check down below at the next three entries. In a few weeks I'm going to post some pics of me on the elephant (just waiting for the girls from Holland to email me the shots once they go home). Those are some great ones.
Also, in a few days, I'm going to post some pictures of the apartment, including the kitchen, my room, bathroom, and living room. Plus, shots of our view from the 12th floor onto downtown Kaohsiung, and me on my scooter (complete with head bucket and colourful gas mask).
But, an update from the Taiwan front: I got my first contract!!! I went in to the V&T school this afternoon and taught a demo class. It was a piece of cake and the kids are super cute. The school owner/director seems very nice and is willing to give me an advance on my pay. It starts at 18 hours per week and I get first dibs on the new classes, thus increasing my hours. The pay is higher than other jobs I've heard of so far and works out to about 22 bucks an hour. It's a pretty big pay cut from my music therapy job in Canada but the cost of living here will be substantially less. So, the plan is to save lots of nice cash.
My new job will also organize all of my VISA documents and pay for the huge fees + medical insurance. Because it's only 18 hours per week, they encourage their teachers to get other employment. So, I'll start looking for some more hours elsewhere.
The training starts in two weeks and then I teach by myself as of December 1st. I can't believe how amazing this has all been. Big thanks to April for organizing the interview.
thanks for all of your emails and phone calls. Take care.
love Rach

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home