September in BC



So I arrived in Salmo, BC on Friday, September 23rd. Being just 30 minutes away from Nelson (my final destination) I was getting excited to see Cam and Kathie. After a quick visit to the restroom, I walked back into the mom and pop pie shop to see Cam eating a piece of apple crumble!!!! They had driven ahead to meet me earlier!
It had been a LONG time since I last saw my brother (just over one year), and the reunion was wonderful. Lots of hugs and kisses. I also met his partner, Kathie, for the first time.
That night we relaxed at their home (16 kms outside of Nelson and SOOO nice to sleep in a bed after being on a bus for 2 days, 20 hours, a 4 minutes!) The next day we drove to their summer cabin in Hills. The first two shots above were taken during that weekend; the first is of Latte: the friendly and VERY hungry horse (that one's for you Leela), the second one is of Cam and Kathie's garden.
On Saturday night we visited the Nakusp hot springs (picture number three) and enjoyed the beautiful view. In one pool there was super hot water and the next was slightly cooler yet still soothing. Needless to say that we spent a few hours soaking.
On Monday we headed back to town where both Cam and Kathie study at Selkirk College.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home