Friday, October 14, 2005

Goodbye Canada!!!

The time has arrived....

I'm catching my flight to Bangkok on Monday morning from Vancouver. Cam and I are driving to the coast on Sunday and will be staying with a relative for the night.

I'm SO excited, especially since I just bought my plane ticket to Koh Samui (an island South of Bangkok). I look forward to snorkelling, diving, and relaxing on the beach with Rebecca and Erin from Waterloo.

In other news, I just gave an hour long presentation on music therapy at Selkirk College yesterday. It was great! People asked lots of questions and we got into some good discussions. They particularly liked the CJOH news clip.

Last night, Cam, Kathie, and I went out for Mexican food and a FANTASTIC concert by the Harlem Gospel Choir (check them out if you can). Kathie and I got up on stage to dance and the ensemble had us singing, boogeyin', lifting our hands, and praisin' Jesus (can I get a 'Alellulia' from the crowd?). The vocals were tight and the band was rockin'. Not to mention that they musically 'quoted' Jackson Five and Thriller (so cool!).

This weekend will be spent getting ready for the big departure. I'm going to miss Canada and the friendly people here. Love you all and keep in touch....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home